- Cradle to Cradle Certified™is a globally recognized measure of safer, more sustainable products made for the circular economy.
- The ALUPROF systems which are Cradle to Cradle Certified™, with a classification of Bronze, include our MB-SR50N HI+ façade system and our MB-86 SI, MB-86 Casement, MB-86 ST, MB-70, MB-70HI, MB-70 Casement.
- When it comes to ALUPROF, the calculation of carbon dioxide emissions per ton of products reveals the very low parameter of 2.79 tCO2e for low-carbon billets manufactured for the LOW CARBON KĘTY line at the factory in southern Polish town of Kęty.
- This low level of emissions was achieved thanks to the use of the company’s cutting-edge plant for the manufacturing process and to the high content of secondary raw materials in the form of recycled aluminum scrap at an average level of 65%.
70,000 TREES FOR 70 YEARS OF GRUPA KĘTY CAPITAL GROUP
- Grupa Kęty will be celebrating its seventieth anniversary in 2023. The occasion is being marked in an exceptional, environmentally healing way, with the company planting seventy thousand trees in Poland.
- What underlies this ecological initiative is the first and foremost concern for a healthier environment and the desire to reduce the carbon footprint. The campaign, which was launched in April 2021 and will run until 2023, is also part of an ARKA Ecological Foundation project, Let’s Plant Some Oxygen.
- Estimates suggest that, over the course of a year, seventy thousand trees will absorb more than four hundred and twenty tonnes of CO 2. That figure represents 1.19% of Grupa Kęty’s domestic companies’ 35,111 tonnes of direct greenhouse gas emissions in 2020.
- Grupa Kęty carries out a wide range of pro-ecological activities. One which is well worth emphasizing is our extensive use of recycled raw materials in our end products. We not only utilize our own waste, but we also reclaim aluminum scrap from the market and process it. This includes products that have reached the end of their life cycle. All this waste material is employed as a component of the raw materials for manufacturing aluminum extrusions.
- Our facilities are selective, collecting specific grades of alloys. This means that, during the secondary smelting process, there is no need to use fluxes, which have an unfavorable environmental impact. Our company sources both post-consumer and pre-consumer aluminum scrap. The former comes from products which have reached the end of their life cycle and the latter is the waste from production processes. The process of purchasing the scrap is governed by rigorous quality control requirements. This ensures that the aluminum designated for secondary smelting is contaminant-free. It also means that no harmful compounds which could pose a danger to the natural environment are released into the air.
- When we reutilize aluminum scrap, we save approximately 95% of the energy needed for the initial production of aluminum from bauxite, which is an extremely energy-intensive process. Recycling aluminum also enables us to reduce air and water pollution by 95% and 97%, respectively.
THE GLOBAL REPORTING INITIATIVE
- As part of Grupa Kęty, Aluprof is following the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) path, which reinforces sustainable decision-making.
- GRI is an independent, international organization which began pioneering sustainable development reporting in 1997 and has led the field ever since.
- GRI helps companies and governments all over the world to comprehend and communicate their impact on crucial sustainable development questions such as climate change, human rights, governance, and social well-being.
- This facilitates real action aimed at creating social, environmental, and economic benefits for everyone. The GRI reporting standards are developed with genuine input from multiple stakeholders and are rooted in the public interest.
ALUPROF has been certified by TÜV NORD under the internationally recognized ISO 14001 standard, which sets out methods for implementing effective environmental management systems. It was developed in order to define the principles for organizations to attain and maintain the delicate balance between remaining profitable and minimizing the impact of their operations on the natural environment. Those which apply the requirements set out in the standard are capable of doing just that. The ISO 14001 and other standards defining the requirements for various management systems were constructed taking the Plan-Do-Check-Act/Adjust (PDCA) method, also known as the Deming Circle/Cycle/Wheel, into consideration.
ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION DECLARATION
- ALUPROF holds several Environmental Product Declarations (EPD). An EDP is an independent certificate which indicates a product’s environmental impact and is recognized all over the world.
- EPDs are issued on the basis of a Life Cycle Assessment, which analyses the environmental impact of a product, process or service from ‘the cradle to the grave’.
- The EPD is a global environmental system. In Poland, assessments relating to the construction industry are carried out by the Building Research Institute in conjunction with an auditor. An objective evaluation and verification based on ISO 14025 and EN 15804 is performed on every process, taking into consideration aspects such as the quantity of waste produced during production and the water and energy consumption for the entire process.
- Based in Utrecht, Vereniging Metalen Ramen en Gevelbranche (VMRG) is an association of elevation makers whose efforts involve collaborating with their partners in the sector in order to provide optimal end-user comfort. Ongoing improvement of products and processes, innovations, training, and servicing guarantee the long-term worth of buildings.
- VRGM organizes valuable industry training courses and provides a platform for the exchange of knowledge and experience in the construction industry.
- Netherlands-based RENOCON is an independent partner of homeowners’ and housing associations, working with them on implementing sustainable, neutral energy building.
- ALUPROF is RENOCON’s supplier of choice for aluminum windows, doors, and façades.
The Dutch Innovatie Centrum Duurzaam Bouwen (ICBuBO) / Innovative Centre for Sustainable Building is an inspiring independent platform for sustainable development and innovation in the construction industry. The center has a vast, permanent showroom devoted to the topic and ALUPROF’s solutions and products are featured there.
Explore how we care for it