ALUPROF AWARDS GO TO DESIGNS BY YOUNG ARCHITECTS AT CRACOW UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
The winners of two architectural competitions organised by Aluprof S.A. in conjunction with Cracow University of Technology have been announced. The jury awarded a total of six prizes and one highly commended.
Almost fifty students took part in this year’s edition of the two competitions. The ‘Tomorrow’s Home’ competition was organised as part of the second-year Architectural and Urban / Residential / Single-Family Residential Complexes Design module. The young architects-in-training faced the task of preparing an interesting design for a single- or multi-family residential unit where Aluprof aluminium window, door, façade and roller-system solutions were used. The designs were for ‘lost’ places which were given a new lease of life in contemporary form.
The winners included:
- Julita Kwak: 1st prize plus a two-week internship in the Aluprof company of her choice anywhere in the EU, for her competition entry ‘Seclusion: a family home on Lake Żywiec’; tutors: Krystyna Paprzyca, D.Sc. Ph.D. Arch., Julian Franta M.Sc. Arch.;
- Katarzyna Lachendro: 2nd prize plus participation in a meeting to be held with Czech architects in Wrocław from 12th to 14th September 2019, for her competition entry ‘House on the bridge’; tutor: Krystyna Paprzyca, D.Sc. Ph.D. Arch.,
- Aneta Kozińska: 3rd prize plus participation in a meeting to be held with Czech architects in Wrocław from 12th to 14th September 2019, for her competition entry ‘The Bordowicz Lime Kiln’; tutors: Krystyna Paprzyca, D.Sc. Ph.D. Arch., Julian Franta M.Sc. Arch.;
- Jakub Hus: highly commended for his industrial design for a single-family home; tutor: Patrycja Haupt, Ph.D. Arch.
The second competition, ‘Sustainable Shopping Centre Design’, was addressed to the first-year students attending the Preliminary Architectural and Urban Design module. As they tackled the design of a sustainable shopping centre, they, too, had to make use of flagship solutions from the Aluprof portfolio.
The judges selected three winners from the entries submitted to the competition:
- Alicja Wójcik: 1st place;
- Olga Wędrychowska: 2nd place;
- Jan Wincierz: 3rd place.
All three received non-cash prizes funded by Aluprof.
The other competitors received certificates marking their participation in the competitions and thanking them accordingly. The results were announced on Thursday 27th June 2019 at the Faculty of Architecture in the main building of the Cracow University of Technology. All the award-winning designs were presented not only in selected traditional and social media, but also at sectoral exhibitions.